Love to Write? Passionate about Food?
Off the Cook is always looking for new writers to join our team and share experiences and their love for all kinds of fare in their own unique voice. There is no strict commitment to posting as a guest — you can write one article or one hundred, and the topic is pretty much up to you so long as it pertains to delicious noms.
What are the Benefits?
- Gain exposure for your work in a new, growing audience in the food/dining realm
- Receive a byline/author bio, giving you full credit for your post and a backlink to your own site
- Expand the reach of your writing via social media promotion on our end (you should do the same within your networks, giving even more coverage to your work)
What Kind of Content is Needed on Off the Cook?
If you feel you have a story to tell based on your experience or passion for food (and are all about giving it a humorous twist), we want you to share it with the world!
In addition, we would love to feature seasoned chefs, restaurateurs, and pros in the food biz for an expert perspective. Our focus is to provide our audience with top notch food porn, reviews and features that will make them salivate through their computer screens. For your reference, we generally have several types of article formats such as the following:
- Blog posts (informal and more personal recounts)
- Articles (relaying some type of newsworthy subject matter pertaining to the food industry)
- Listicles (numbering a certain amount of recipes, tips, ingredients, restaurants etc. on a page)
- and Slideshows (numbering a certain amount of recipes, tips, ingredients, restaurants etc. in a slideshow format)
It should also be mentioned that there are a variety of subjects to which you can contribute. This includes Baking, a City Guide, Community, Cooking, Holiday Features, How-Tos and News. As a contributor you can write in either one or all of these topics if you please!
Want to write for Off The Cook?
Writing and Submission Guidelines
When developing your piece, think about what inspires you most about food. If your subject incites passion in you, chances are it will do the same for readers, and that is our ultimate goal. Most importantly, we want to hear your voice in any writing you contribute. Don’t be bland, this is the food we eat (literally and figuratively, of course)! Some more guidelines?
- At least 800 words is great for articles, but feel free to write as extensively as you please.
- Please PROOFREAD. Minor changes may be made to your piece for quality or clarity purposes. The integrity of your article will remain intact. Changing missed spelling errors or grammar issues is not meant to offend you, but improve the post.
- Attach images you want to include with your post with the appropriate attribution and credits included. People like to see what we’re talking about, so using at least one photo is encouraged.
- When including quotes, studies, facts, or stats, please include a SOURCE so the reader knows that this is valid information.
- Please send over your ideas and a link to your blog or attach samples of your work to get started as a guest writer for the website.