Image via Chipotle
Just in time for today’s Cinco de Mayo‘s celebrations, Chipotle has unveiled their super-secret guacamole recipe that none of us can resist – even if it does cost extra.
Now, however, you will be able to add a few bucks to your wallet even if it means adding inches to your waist line by whipping up this guacamole recipe at home and pouring it over all your favorite lunch and dinner dishes – because, if we’re being honest here, guacamole goes with just about everything.
You can have the blandest, most basic ingredients but a dollop (or two) of guacamole will breathe life into whatever sad concoction you have created for yourself in the post-work day fog and fatigue
if you want the recipe, just take a look below:
THIS IS ALL YOU’LL NEED:
- 2 ripe Hass avocados (In the restaurant, we use 48 per batch, multiple times per day)
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp cilantro (chopped)
- 1/4 cup red onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 jalapeño, including seeds (finely chopped)
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
HOW TO DO IT:
1. Choose the right avocado. It should feel squishy yet firm (like the palm of your hand), and be a nice dark green color on the inside.
2. Cut the avocado in half and the remove the pit (carefully!)
3. Scoop the avocados and place in a medium bowl.
4. Toss and coat with lime juice.
5. Add the salt and using a fork or potato masher, mash until a smooth consistency is achieved.
6. Fold in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
7. Taste the guacamole (over and over) and adjust seasoning if necessary.
Of course, they had to brag that they use 48 avocados per batch, but with the cost of avocados these days we might finally be able to understand why we have to pay a few extra bucks…. maybe.
In any case, you better believe that we will be whipping this up tonight (albeit, drunkenly) and hope it turns out as good as it does in stores. However, if there’s one thing we’ve learn is that food always tastes better when someone else is making it for you, so we probably won’t stop adding to our burrito bills anytime soon.