Discover how to make a classic “French 75” gin-and-champagne cocktail for your next classy party or for a chic night in.
Ingredients for the French 75:
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Water
- ½ Ounce Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Ounce Gin
- 3 Ounces Champagne
- Peeled Lemon Zest, for garnish and aromatics
Directions for the French 75:
- First, we need to make no-cook simple syrup to sweeten the drink. Stir the 1 cup of sugar into 1 cup of water until the sugar is completely dissolved. This will take several minutes. Be sure to stir occasionally.
- Second, we measure out ¾ ounce simple syrup, ½ ounce lemon juice, and 1 ounce of gin, into a cocktail shaker. Add ice cubes and shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Strain the shaken mixture into a glass.
- Next, top the glass off rest off with champagne, about 3 ounces.
- Finally, acquire a nice, large, and fresh peel of lemon zest using a vegetable peeler. Express, or twist, the lemon peel over the glass. Rim the glass with lemon to truly let the lemon oils season the drink. Then, garnish with the peel. Serve immediately and enjoy.
For more Top Recipes, check out our features here.